What is Bitcoin Cash?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017. It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn’t include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin’s 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash’s algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin). In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash Markets
- Peak fear? Bitcoin futures leverage gets reset by this week's wild price swingsCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoBitcoin futures leverage is dropping steeply, indicating that traders are fearful or uncertain about the BTC price trend. The leverage used in the Bitcoin (BTC)…
- Bitcoin has become nothing but the new Che Guevara T-shirtCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoBitcoin promised to create a new normal in finance, but it turned out to be nothing but the old normal with a new face. The…
- China turns up pace on CBDC release, tests infrastructure prior to adoptionCointelegraph.com News – 15 hours agoThe yuan is not seen as a major currency. Could digitizing it change that? China is breaking new ground in the Shenzhen region and beyond.…
- Bitcoin bulls buy BTC’s $35K support retest as altcoins push higherCointelegraph.com News – 22 hours agoBitcoin’s lower support retest was bought up by bulls, preparing BTC for another push to $40,000. Calls for Bitcoin (BTC) to rally above $40,000 were…
- GBTC has a new a competitor in the OTC Bitcoin trust marketCointelegraph.com News – 1 day agoAnother way to buy Bitcoin in stock form has surfaced. A firm called Osprey Funds is offering an over-the-counter, or OTC, Bitcoin (BTC) trust under…