What is Bitcoin Cash?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017. It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin). In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash Markets
- Universal Protocol Alliance introduces tradable carbon tokenCointelegraph.com News - 54 minutes ago“Combine a digital asset with a rainforest carbon offset and give everyone in the world access.” An alliance of crypto firms is introducing tokenized carbon…
- Coinbase executed MicroStrategy’s $425M Bitcoin purchase in September 2020Cointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoOne of the largest Bitcoin purchases in 2020 took more than five days to complete. Coinbase, the United States’ largest cryptocurrency exchange, announced that itfacilitated…
- Bitcoin suddenly crashes below $19K after all-time high sparks wild volatilityCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBTC price trims $1,600 in under two hours thanks to pressure from sellers near $20,000, while Ether also tanks below $600. Bitcoin (BTC) continued an…
- Russia’s Alfa-Bank offers blockchain platform for freelancersCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoTutors, taxi drivers and repairmen will be able to take advantage of Alfa-Bank’s blockchain-based services. Alfa-Bank, one of the largest private commercial banks in Russia,…
- Ethereum 2.0 is go: Genesis block of beacon chain winks into existenceCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoEthereum’s proof-of-stake transition takes another step toward completion. After literally years in the making, the genesis block of the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain has finally…