What is Cardano?
ADA is a crypto coin running on Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) blockchain, the first and most secure blockchain based on Proof of stake mechanism validating the transactions. Cardano team calls their proof of stake mechanism Ouroboros. Unlike Proof of Work, where miners invest energy intensive computing power to mine each block, proof of stake chooses a random miner based on the size of the stake (value). In order to generate or mint a new block, a slot leader is chosen with a probability proportional to the amount of coins this node is carrying. So one of ADA's advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum and other similar cryptocurrencies is its energy-efficient proof of stake transaction validation system. ADA is flexible like Ethereum due to a second layer Cardano Computational Layer (CCL) which supports decentralized applications and smart contracts. ADA was initially created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), a blockchain development firm. The project was led by Charles Hoskinson who was a former co-founder of Ethereum, Etereum classic and Bitshares. Presently the ADA team consist of three organizations i.e. Cardano foundation, IOHK, and Emurgo. The major use of Cardano is the transfer of value. Future development of applications on CCL layer can provide the easy and economical payment solution to service providers such as Uber, Upwork, and alike.
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Cardano
- Universal Protocol Alliance introduces tradable carbon tokenCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour ago“Combine a digital asset with a rainforest carbon offset and give everyone in the world access.” An alliance of crypto firms is introducing tokenized carbon…
- Coinbase executed MicroStrategy’s $425M Bitcoin purchase in September 2020Cointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoOne of the largest Bitcoin purchases in 2020 took more than five days to complete. Coinbase, the United States’ largest cryptocurrency exchange, announced that itfacilitated…
- Bitcoin suddenly crashes below $19K after all-time high sparks wild volatilityCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBTC price trims $1,600 in under two hours thanks to pressure from sellers near $20,000, while Ether also tanks below $600. Bitcoin (BTC) continued an…
- Russia’s Alfa-Bank offers blockchain platform for freelancersCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoTutors, taxi drivers and repairmen will be able to take advantage of Alfa-Bank’s blockchain-based services. Alfa-Bank, one of the largest private commercial banks in Russia,…
- Ethereum 2.0 is go: Genesis block of beacon chain winks into existenceCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoEthereum’s proof-of-stake transition takes another step toward completion. After literally years in the making, the genesis block of the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain has finally…