What is Chainlink?
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle (software built on top of a blockchain), which provides external data to Ethereum smart contracts. ChainLink is an open source project, started at September 2017 by a company SmartContract. This company was already creating secure oracles for Bitcoin and Ethereum for over 3 years, but in 2017 decided to move towards their own middleware ChainLink. At the moment ChainLink is maintained by 3 developers. The main purpose for creating ChainLink was to provide nnectivity between blockchains and external software such as bank payments, retail payments (Visa, Paypal), market data (NYSE, Bloomberg) and backend systems (SalesForce, SAP). This allows to integrate blockchain with off-chain sales and local payments, to turn them into smart contracts in exchange for LINK tockens. LINK token is an EIP20 Ethereum token with some additional functions. ICO for LINK tokens was completed on September 2017 raising total of $32.00 M. Currently ChainLink only works with Ropsten, a test Ethereum network.
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Chainlink
- Peak fear? Bitcoin futures leverage gets reset by this week's wild price swingsCointelegraph.com News – 10 hours agoBitcoin futures leverage is dropping steeply, indicating that traders are fearful or uncertain about the BTC price trend. The leverage used in the Bitcoin (BTC)…
- Bitcoin has become nothing but the new Che Guevara T-shirtCointelegraph.com News – 13 hours agoBitcoin promised to create a new normal in finance, but it turned out to be nothing but the old normal with a new face. The…
- China turns up pace on CBDC release, tests infrastructure prior to adoptionCointelegraph.com News – 16 hours agoThe yuan is not seen as a major currency. Could digitizing it change that? China is breaking new ground in the Shenzhen region and beyond.…
- Bitcoin bulls buy BTC’s $35K support retest as altcoins push higherCointelegraph.com News – 23 hours agoBitcoin’s lower support retest was bought up by bulls, preparing BTC for another push to $40,000. Calls for Bitcoin (BTC) to rally above $40,000 were…
- GBTC has a new a competitor in the OTC Bitcoin trust marketCointelegraph.com News – 1 day agoAnother way to buy Bitcoin in stock form has surfaced. A firm called Osprey Funds is offering an over-the-counter, or OTC, Bitcoin (BTC) trust under…