What is Chainlink?
ChainLink is a decentralized oracle (software built on top of a blockchain), which provides external data to Ethereum smart contracts. ChainLink is an open source project, started at September 2017 by a company SmartContract. This company was already creating secure oracles for Bitcoin and Ethereum for over 3 years, but in 2017 decided to move towards their own middleware ChainLink. At the moment ChainLink is maintained by 3 developers. The main purpose for creating ChainLink was to provide nnectivity between blockchains and external software such as bank payments, retail payments (Visa, Paypal), market data (NYSE, Bloomberg) and backend systems (SalesForce, SAP). This allows to integrate blockchain with off-chain sales and local payments, to turn them into smart contracts in exchange for LINK tockens. LINK token is an EIP20 Ethereum token with some additional functions. ICO for LINK tokens was completed on September 2017 raising total of $32.00 M. Currently ChainLink only works with Ropsten, a test Ethereum network.
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Chainlink
- Universal Protocol Alliance introduces tradable carbon tokenCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour ago“Combine a digital asset with a rainforest carbon offset and give everyone in the world access.” An alliance of crypto firms is introducing tokenized carbon…
- Coinbase executed MicroStrategy’s $425M Bitcoin purchase in September 2020Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoOne of the largest Bitcoin purchases in 2020 took more than five days to complete. Coinbase, the United States’ largest cryptocurrency exchange, announced that itfacilitated…
- Bitcoin suddenly crashes below $19K after all-time high sparks wild volatilityCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoBTC price trims $1,600 in under two hours thanks to pressure from sellers near $20,000, while Ether also tanks below $600. Bitcoin (BTC) continued an…
- Russia’s Alfa-Bank offers blockchain platform for freelancersCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoTutors, taxi drivers and repairmen will be able to take advantage of Alfa-Bank’s blockchain-based services. Alfa-Bank, one of the largest private commercial banks in Russia,…
- Ethereum 2.0 is go: Genesis block of beacon chain winks into existenceCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoEthereum’s proof-of-stake transition takes another step toward completion. After literally years in the making, the genesis block of the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain has finally…