What is Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin’s gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin’s primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
- Historical Data
- Record $8B open interest on Ethereum futures shows the pros are 'here'Cointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoAnalysts say billion-dollar liquidations are less of a risk even as the open interest on Ethereum futures hit a new high at $8 billion. The…
- Lockheed Martin adopts blockchain for supply chain management in SwitzerlandCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoThe defense contractor has secured access to SyncFab’s supplier intelligence platform to help manage OEMs in Switzerland. United States aerospace and defense contractor Lockheed Martin…
- Dogecoin (DOGE) hits a new ATH as Bitcoin bulls try to flip $63K to supportCointelegraph.com News – 13 hours agoDogecoin rallied to a new all-time high as mainstream interest in cryptocurrency grows and the total crypto market capitalization tops $2.19 trillion. The price of…
- NFTs by mail? US Postal Service plans to support postage tokensCointelegraph.com News – 14 hours agoThe government agency reported $73.1 billion in revenue from postage and other services in the 2020 fiscal year. The United States Postal Service will soon…
- DeFi mutual fund Sheesha Finance raises $9.4MCointelegraph.com News – 14 hours agoSheesha is attempting to make DeFi projects more accessible to mainstream users. Sheesha Finance, a decentralized finance mutual fund based in the United Arab Emirates,…