What is Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin’s gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes). Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin’s primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
- Historical Data
* Currency in USD
Historical Price for Litecoin
- Peak fear? Bitcoin futures leverage gets reset by this week's wild price swingsCointelegraph.com News – 9 hours agoBitcoin futures leverage is dropping steeply, indicating that traders are fearful or uncertain about the BTC price trend. The leverage used in the Bitcoin (BTC)…
- Bitcoin has become nothing but the new Che Guevara T-shirtCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoBitcoin promised to create a new normal in finance, but it turned out to be nothing but the old normal with a new face. The…
- China turns up pace on CBDC release, tests infrastructure prior to adoptionCointelegraph.com News – 15 hours agoThe yuan is not seen as a major currency. Could digitizing it change that? China is breaking new ground in the Shenzhen region and beyond.…
- Bitcoin bulls buy BTC’s $35K support retest as altcoins push higherCointelegraph.com News – 23 hours agoBitcoin’s lower support retest was bought up by bulls, preparing BTC for another push to $40,000. Calls for Bitcoin (BTC) to rally above $40,000 were…
- GBTC has a new a competitor in the OTC Bitcoin trust marketCointelegraph.com News – 1 day agoAnother way to buy Bitcoin in stock form has surfaced. A firm called Osprey Funds is offering an over-the-counter, or OTC, Bitcoin (BTC) trust under…