What is TRON?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Central bankers bellow Bitcoin on El Salvador's Bitcoin BeachCointelegraph.com News – 41 minutes agoOn day three of El Salvador’s financial inclusion and funding for SMEs conference, Bitcoin has stolen the show. The orange pilling adventure in El Salvador…
- Weaker dollar lifts Bitcoin to $30.7K as analyst eyes 60% BTC dominanceCointelegraph.com News – 3 hours agoMacro conditions flip to reduce pressure on risk assets, as one view gives Bitcoin bears $14,000 capitulation “hopium.” Bitcoin (BTC) hit 48-hour highs overnight into…
- Ethereum devs tip The Merge will occur in August ‘if everything goes to plan’Cointelegraph.com News – 4 hours agoCore Ethereum developer Preston Van Loon says that the network’s long-awaited transition to proof-of-stake will most likely happen this August. Ethereum’s long-awaited migration to a…
- Commonwealth Bank puts crypto trading trial on ice as regulators ditherCointelegraph.com News – 5 hours agoCommonwealth Bank of Australia CEO Matt Comyn insists his bank will move forward with the second pilot of crypto services on its app once regulatory…
- Terra fallout: Stablegains lawsuit, Hashed loses billions, Finder wrong and moreCointelegraph.com News – 5 hours agoYield generation app Stablegains is facing a lawsuit after losing around $44 million worth of user funds in the Terra collapse when it previously said…