What is TRON?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- SEC approves BSTX for blockchain settlements on traditional marketsCointelegraph.com News – 4 hours agoBSTX’s SEC approval does not involve crypto trading or any other form of use of blockchain technology. The Boston Security Token Exchange (BSTX), a new…
- Web3 innovations are replacing middlemen with middleware protocolsCointelegraph.com News – 7 hours agoThanks to the DeFi revolution, it’s no longer companies extracting value from users, rather it’s developers extracting value from protocols. Cryptocurrencies and the wider blockchain…
- The biggest crypto heists of all timeCointelegraph.com News – 11 hours agoCrypto exchanges are hacked surprisingly often. A few of the biggest crypto heists that occurred in the past few years are discussed in this article.…
- Kyber Network (KNC) bucks the market-wide downtrend with a 57% gain in JanuaryCointelegraph.com News – 11 hours agoKNC shook off the current downtrend by posting a 50%+ monthly gain following the launch of Kyber 3.0 and integration across many decentralized exchanges. In…
- CertiK's identification of Crypto Cars as 'rug pull' was a false alarmCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoA temporary website outage of the project’s main site, among other factors, led to the error. In a period of market downturns, rumors of crypto…