What is TRON?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Following massive BTC purchase announcement, MicroStrategy says it may sell up to $1B in stockCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoThe firm said it intended to use the proceeds from the offering “for general corporate purposes, including the acquisition of Bitcoin.” The same day business…
- Algorand (ALGO) price strengthens as institutional investors back the projectCointelegraph.com News – 12 hours agoBacking from institutional investors and a series of new partnerships could help ALGO break from its current range in the coming week. Consolidation periods tend…
- Price analysis 6/14: BTC, ETH, BNB, ADA, DOGE, XRP, DOT, UNI, LTC, BCHCointelegraph.com News – 14 hours agoBitcoin’s surge above $40,000 and the breakouts from select altcoins may be signals that the bottoming process has begun. Bitcoin (BTC) has risen above the…
- French Football Federation launches official player NFTs with SorareCointelegraph.com News – 14 hours agoLes Bleus players and their sports stats will be tokenized on the blockchain for trading and playing in fantasy games. With the Euro 2020 championship…
- ‘Bitcoin is not an asset that is designed to be leveraged,’ says Caitlin LongCointelegraph.com News – 15 hours agoThe Avanti Financial CEO says Bitcoin shouldn’t be leveraged and that regulations for stablecoins are underway. All eyes are on Bitcoin (BTC), with the largest…